Facebook Tip #8: Hello, Anybody Home? Monitor & Respond to Comments
Funny thing about social media...people expect you to be social. That means monitoring your Facebook page and keeping track of the comments, messages and reviews people are posting to your page. You don’t have to respond to every comment, but you will want to answer any questions people leave, and keep track of what people are saying about your practice. Especially if they are leaving a review!
Thankfully, you don’t have to babysit your facebook page to stay on top of your comments. You can monitor and respond to comments via the ‘Notifications’ tab at the very top of your page. You should be monitoring comments, questions and conversations at least once a day, and make it a habit to interact with your Facebook fans on a regular basis.
Monitoring Made Easy
To see your notifications and to set preferences, click on the globe at the top right corner of your page. Click on settings to set your notifications preferences. Here are a few tips to streamline monitoring your notifications:
- EMAIL - by linking your other accounts to your Facebook account, it's possible to send feedback from your Facebook notification.
- ICON - get to know the different icons that appear in the notification tab. This will make it easier for you to see and respond to comments.
- Like Icon (no response necessary)
- Comment icon (monitor comments and reply if needed)
- NOTIFICATION BAR - You can see how many notifications you've received since you last checked.
- SEE ALL - Do you need to be ablt to go back and see an old notificaiton? Just click on the globe and at the bottom of the drop down select 'See All' to pull up older notifications.