Get Found on Facebook: Choosing an Engaging Cover Photo
Since your profile picture is the first thing people see when they find your Facebook page, it’s important to pick an attractive cover photo to go with it. Your cover photo takes up the bulk of the real estate at the top of your Facebook Page, so be sure you’re choosing a photo that is high quality and engaging to your visitors.
Facebook Page Terms:
All Facebook covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Page will be able to see your cover regardless of privacy settings.
When you are selecting your cover photo, keep in mind that it displays at 828 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on a computer page and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones, or to put it simply, a wide rectangle. Your cover must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall. To find the pixel information, right click on the photo, select properties, then go to the details tab.
How to change your cover photo:
From a computer:
- Go to your profile
- Hover over to the camera icon to the right of your cover photo
- Click Update Cover Photo
- Pick one of the options (ex: Choose from my photos, Upload photo, Reposition and Remove)
- Choose from my photos - This will take you to the pictures that are in your Faceook photo library.
- Upload photo - This allows you to upload a new picture
- Reposition - You can select this to adjust or correct the position of your current cover image.
- Remove - Only select this button if you don’t want any image in your cover photo.
From a smartphone:
- Go to your page
- Click on Edit Page
- Select Cover Photos
- Select Upload a Cover Photo
Choose an engaging cover photo:
Choose an image that relates to your business or practice. The cover photo is important because it’s the first thing your clients will see when they go to your page. The picture you use should be in focus and easily recognizable by your Facebook audience.